Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Masquerade!!!


Recently, we were asked to participate in a fall themed 1700’s masquerade! Wow, what a party.  We decided to help with the decorations for this party. I really wanted to come up with something that symbolized fall but still brought in the bright colors that are associated with a masquerade. 

I started surfing the web for inspiration and I came across Martha Stewarts fall centerpiece for weddings here:



I wanted to tweak this idea a little bit so that it fit our theme better. I ended up buying different pieces of wheat and grass, flower wire instead of flower tape, a pretty purple silk ribbon, and some feathers.  Instead of making the centerpiece full and round I made it flat and wrapped it like a flower bouquet.  I ended up hot gluing each section of wheat together so that it would be easy to transport and sturdy on the table. I put the feathers in the front of the piece to add a fun splash of color and to really bring in the masquerade theme.

Also, I wanted to have a few other things on the table so we spray painted some small pine cones purple, spray painted some fake pears gold, and we lighted painted pumpkins with a light gold acrylic paint.  Below are some pictures of how it turned out.  I was quiet pleased with the project and thought that it made for some fun and funky fall décor. 

Tell us what you think!



Pumpkin painted with a little gold

Pumpkin, Purple Painted Pine cone, and Gold painted Pear

No comments:

Post a Comment